So, you officially have an appointment booked to shop for bridal gowns. Exciting!
A post shared by Wendy's Bridal (@wendysbridalcolumbus) on
Well, for some, ‘exciting’ might not be the right word. For some, this occasion can cause a little bit of anxiety.
What if I don’t find anything I like? What if I love a gown my family hates? What if nothing fits right?
Believe me, those questions are so normal. Personally, I get anxiety just going jean shopping—so I get it. But I’ll let you in on a little something about trying on wedding dresses:
It’s never as bad you think.
Once you slip on those dresses, and start figuring out your silhouette, your neckline, your headpieces—you’re going to totally forget why you were nervous. I promise.
So, here’s a list of things to mentally and physically arm yourself with for your appointment, you woman warrior:
- Research designers and looks you like. Coming into the appointment with ideas will give you a helpful starting direction.
- Know your budget. It’s not fun to fall in love with a gown that’s way out of your price point, trust me.
- You may not need a strapless bra, but it’s good to bring one just in case.
- The same goes with a pair of heels close to the height you might wear at the wedding.
- Remember that this is your dress—and no one else’s. During your appointment, you might get differing opinions from the people you bring. Choose a gown because you feel like you in it.
- It’s not wrong to be a little picky about the people you bring. The people who support you no matter what will give you the best ideas.
- Capture the moment! This is a special time in your life. Take photos that help you remember how amazing you feel in your dress.
- Know that many brides find their dress at their first appointment. Be open-minded to saying ‘yes’ to the dress when you see it!
Okay, now go out there and have fun. Remember, you might only do this once—so make the most of it!